Saturday, November 3, 2012

Author Interview: zhenjueyimen


Taking photos while traveling, making each item a favorite, cooperating with an AudioJungle author, and a lifelong journey of learning. This week we meet Luo Jie (zhenjueyimen) from VideoHive.


If you’re an Envato marketplace author and would like to be interviewed for the blog, head over to this form. We’d love to hear from you.



Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for a living?


I am a 23 years ago motion graphic amateur from China. This year I’m doing some freelance work, and continue to learn English. I’m taking photographs, designing some logos, and selling some original ideas. Maybe a new future will be coming soon. I must try my best, guys!


Which marketplaces do you belong to? What types of files do you sell?


I belong to VideoHive. I contributed some custom effects and design tools.



How did you get started? Have you had any formal training?


I started learning design while a senior at university. I’m always learning, and regard it as my favorite hobby and interest.


Describe your home workspace.


I have several workspaces, but spend little time at home. Most of the time you’ll find me with my notebook at any place!



Describe your creative process. What steps do you normally follow to create your files?


I like traveling, so I always catch inspiration this way. As soon as I get an idea I’ll write it down and start working on my new design.


What is your advice to other authors regarding how to create a successful portfolio?


Just try your best to make sure each one is your favorite! And don’t stop when you finish them – you can often update them later.


What do you do to market your files?


Just on my own site, and I upload some of the better ones to YouTube Basically speaking I do a little to promote my items, but in the future I’ll learn to do more.


What are your three favorite files, and why do you like them?


Flow Ink LOGO



Ink effect is a Chinese classical feature element I brought to our marketplace.


Your Website Pack



One of my best selling items. It provides several ways to promo your site and products.


Logo 3D Levels by Muko



A very special way to create a awesome 3D looking design. I really like it.


Apart from yourself, who is your favorite marketplace author, and why do you like them?


Maybe kristijanf. He is my best friend in Envato, and we cooperate on many projects. He’s a really talent composer!


What do you do in your spare time?


Just learn and take photos while I travel. Pretty simple!







1 comment: